When the iPhone first launched, it was not easy to transfer your data from the old model to the New model. Data loss was also at least partially associated with transferring stuff from old one to new one. However, with the more recent iOS versions, the procedure is made simple. That means it is easier to move data from an iPhone if you know the steps. It is imperative that all of your contacts, settings, messages, photos, apps, and so on are seamlessly ported from your old device to your new one. If you want to transfer your data from your old iPhone to your new one, there are two ways to do so.
Transferring your data Using iCloud
- Go to the Settings on your old iPhone.
- Tap your Apple ID banner → Tap the iCloud icon → Tap the iCloud Backup option. Enabling it if it has not already been done is recommended.
- Then tap the Back Up Now
- Put this old iPhone into power-saving mode when the backup is complete.
- In the next step, you should turn on your new iPhone and then swipe up or press the Home button. You will first have to choose the language, region, and then select Manually before connecting to Wi-Fi.
- Confirm and then tap “Continue” to proceed with Face ID or Touch ID setup.
- After completing these you will see a screen that says “Apps & Data” then tap Restore from iCloud Backup.
- In the previous step, you’ve logged in with the same Apple ID you used on your old iPhone.
- In the end, agree to a few basic instructions and finally choose the backup you just created.
Transferring your data Using iTunes
- The first step is to Back up the old iPhone to the computer so connect your old iPhone to a computer (Mac or PC) via a USB cable.
- Click on the Finder icon on the Mac select your iPhone from the Devices section. On a Mac or Windows 10, open the application named “iTunes”. And click on the iPhone logo.
- To complete the next step, click “Trust.” and enter your password on your old iPhone
- The fourth step is to check the box labeled “Encrypt Local Backup”. Set a passcode to be used in case you are asked for it.
- The next step is to click the “Back Up Now” button. Let the process finish. When you’re done with your old iPhone, disconnect it from the computer.
- Finally, after all the setup steps are completed, power on your new iPhone and connect it to the same computer.
- Press the Home button, When you arrive at the screen that says Apps & Data, tap the option to restore from a Mac or PC.
- The next step is to pick your new iPhone from the Finder or iTunes. To retrieve files from your most recent backup, choose “Restore from this backup” and then select the most recent backup from the drop-down list.
- Lastly, you will be asked to provide a backup password, click “Continue” and enter the password you had previously created.
- Finally, click the Restore button.
Let the device stay connected to the computer until the restore process is finished. Your iPhone will download all of your apps, music, and so on, over Wi-Fi. It will depend on your internet speed but it will take time.
Also Read: Get Your AC Repair With Kaam Fix